The new « Skills and Talents permit »

If you have skills or abilities academically or professionaly recognized, you can benefit from the new system set up by France to promote skills exchanges. The “Skills and talents” permit facilitates indeed the movement of foreign citizen who are likely to contribute in a significant and lasting way to the economic development or to the influence of France and country of origin, in intellectual, scientific, cultural, humanitarian or sports fields.
This permit, valid three years, is granted upon the presentation of a project providing benefits to both France and the country of origin. The “skills and talents permit” gives you a right to work within the field of your project and allow your family members (spouse and minor children) to stay in France. Your spouse will be issued with a “private and family life permit” allowing him/her to work.

- Documents required :
- 2 long stay visa application forms,
- 5 photographs,
- and the country of origin,
- Curriculum vitae,
- Copies of Diplomas or degrees of higher education,
- Police clearance certificate,
- Copy of your work contract in case of employment,
- Long stay visa fees (equivalent rand amount of 99€).

- If you want to work in France, there are several types of permit. Click here to get more information on professionnal immigration.

publié le 01/12/2010

top of the page